Individual online learning
An online learning platform providing constant access to advanced material for specialist investigators to access in their own time
This online learning platform gives investigators constant access to material that will help them conduct effective investigations into sexual offences. The course will help you use psychology to create suspect-focused investigations, identify the strengths in victim evidence, and address common misconceptions held by jurors. The course will be especially useful in cases that lack physical evidence and rely heavily on effective victim and suspect interviews. The online format means investigators can cover and review the material in their own time as well as ask questions via webinars and discussion boards. Individual investigators can buy their own access to this platform or forces can buy bulk access for their teams.
Group introductory learning
Essential information for audiences of new investigators and first-response officers delivered in person or via streamed video
- Getting beyond the myths - why do the public cling to stereotypes?
- Getting away with it - what tactics will offenders use to avoid detection?
- Why do they do it? An introduction to the psychology of abusers
- Victim impact - how can the police be both effective and supportive?
- Looking after ourselves - self care when working on these difficult cases
Group advanced learning
Comprehensive information for audiences of specialist investigators delivered in person or via streamed videos
- Getting beyond the myths - why we need to build investigations for jurors
- Why do they do it? The psychology of people who commit sexual and domestic abuse
- In their own words - how suspect interviews can help your investigation
- What's sex got to do with it? The psychology of fantasy and how this can inform your investigation
- Victim interviews - working with traumatic memory and how to deal with rape myths in interview
- Looking after ourselves - how do you stay healthy when working on these difficult cases?